Cinnamon French Toast with Fresh Berries
This is a quick, easy, healthy variation of a classic favorite from Chris and Heidi Powell.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 “shakes” ground cinnamon
- 2 slices low-sodium Ezekiel bread
- 1/4 c. Breakstone low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 squeezes vanilla stevia drops (or 1 packet truvia)
- fresh berries
- 2 tbsp sugar free syrup
Thoroughly wash and dry berries. Slice, if needed.
Beat egg with almond milk and cinnamon. Dip bread in egg mixture to coat both sides. Cook bread over medium heat until both sides are lightly browned. Mix cottage cheese and stevia drops. Stack in this order: toast, cottage cheese, berries, drizzle with syrup and enjoy! **Chef’s Kiss**
Don’t forget to pin this post!